Yukon GradCorps

Are you a recent graduate who has a post-secondary diploma or degree and is looking for real-world work experience?

We offer one-year work contracts with the public service that come with a competitive salary, good benefits, and challenging and relevant work in your field of study.

To be eligible, you must:
  • be a resident of Yukon (if you are a resident of Yukon who completed your studies outside of the territory, you may apply for up to two years after graduation)
  • have graduated with a diploma or degree from a recognized post-secondary institution within the past two years
  • have little or no work experience in your field of study

You will receive 80% of the position’s normal starting salary, paid bi-weekly.

As a contract employee, you will not be eligible for the Yukon government pension plan, but will receive our full benefits package.

How to apply

The Yukon government creates at least two Internship GradCorps positions each year. They are posted in December of each year on our job board.

More information

After one year of working with the Yukon public service, you will have a wealth of transferrable knowledge and skills that you can use to forward your career. Many of our GradCorps interns decide to stay on with the Yukon government so they can continue to enjoy all the benefits of our wide-open career paths.

Remember that as long as you are an active contract employee, you are eligible to apply to job postings that are marked as restricted to existing Yukon government employees.

The GradCorps program is subject to the conditions outlined in the Government of Yukon Job Experience Program policy manual.